What Foods Cause Inflammation : Inflammation is what the body uses to perform a number of different actions. First and foremost, inflammation is what is used to help fight off illnesses trying to penetrate the body as well as protecting the body from potential harm. Inflammation is also the key when it comes to the body healing from infections, wounds, and other harms. Let’s find out what foods cause inflammation.
What Conditions Benefit from Anti-Inflammatory Foods?
There are a number of conditions that can benefit from an anti-inflammatory diet, which is essentially eating foods that will reduce the inflammation response. A diet such as this will be filled with nutrient-rich ingredients, avoiding most of replacement sugars and refined foods which are known causes of extra inflammation of the body.
Conditions that will benefit from the diet include the following:
- Different types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- Psoriasis, which is a skin condition.
- Asthma or other respiratory problems.
- Crohn’s disease
- Digestive problems and diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease.
- Heart disease
What are Anti-Inflammatory Foods?
The foods you select for an anti-inflammatory diet should all be nutrient dense and unaltered, meaning they are not processed or have any additional ingredients put in. Some of the foods you should consume for this type of diet include:
- An abundance of dark leafy greens. Foods such as spinach and kale are favorites.
- Berries are always an excellent choice, especially blueberries and blackberries which are highly recommended.
- Red grapes, the darker the better.
- Plenty of vegetables. Veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus are great choice.
- Green tea
- Red wine (not too much!)
- Extra virgin olive oil when cooking.
- Nuts, including walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and almonds.
- Spices and herbs, such as parsley and cilantro.
What Foods Shouldn’t You Eat to Avoid Inflammation?
Just as there are many foods you should consume, there is just as many foods you should avoid at all costs, as these are often the answer as to what foods cause inflammation. Some of the foods you will find on a ‘do not eat’ list are the following:
- Any meats that are processed, such as turkey deli slices for sandwiches or bacon.
- Drinks with an excess of sugar, especially soda and juices.
- Trans fats, which are most likely to be found in fast foods.
- White breads and pastas.
- Anything containing gluten, such as cereal and breads.
- Vegetable oil.
- Snack foods that are processed. Thinks chips, crackers, and cookies.
- Desserts. Think cakes, ice cream, and candies.
- Alcohol in an excess amount.
You also want to limit the consumption of carbohydrates, as this can cause the body to increase the amount of inflammation, which is what we are trying to avoid. Carbs are definitely a big answer when it comes to what foods cause inflammation.
Making sure that you are eating plenty of all natural foods will ensure that your body is not making too much inflammation. Remember that the body only needs a certain amount of inflammation to fight off diseases and help rebuild the body from harm.
Multi-collagen can also help to support a natural, not excess amount of inflammation on the body. Adding NutriXen multi-collagen to your diet will ensure your body is running properly and functioning at its best rate.
Related Videos about What Foods Cause Inflammation:
The best anti-inflammatory foods
17 Foods That Cause Inflammation
Inflammatory Foods | These Cause Disease
Top 10 Foods that Cause Inflammation
5 Healthy Foods That Are Causing You Increased Inflammation | Autoimmune Disease Diet
Top 15 Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Top 10 Inflammatory Foods You Should Avoid
Related Infographics about What Foods Cause Inflammation: