Top Women’s Basketball Ball Buying Guide : There are tons of options on the market today when it comes to the right basketball for women. This can make it extremely difficult to make a choice.
However, there are many factors that you need to consider, like your play level, style, and so on. We have done the hard work for you and will teach you how to choose the right basketball for your needs.
Choosing A Basketball
You need a good quality ball that adapts to a specified play level when practicing or playing basketball. Whether for an outdoor sports meeting or indoor training, the choice of basketball allows you to improve the quality of the game and your performance over the long term.
Having adequate knowledge or insight into the elements of a basketball will enable you to be in full control of the court—irrespective of your status either as an amateur or an experienced professional.
Below are a few things to consider when choosing a basketball for women.
Size is the first criterion to guide your choice. If you choose the wrong sized ball, it can lead to a negative effect on the your technique for a long period. Each basketball has a specific weight and circumference. As a result, it is important to take into account the age of the learner and their level of practice. Below are the various basketball sizes.
- Official Basketballs Size 7: Official size 7 basketball weighs 22 oz and has a circumference of 29.5″. This standard ball size is basically for professionalized basketball associations of men, including men’s high school and college basketball leagues.
- Intermediate Basketballs Size: This size 6 basketball applies to players in the youth league ranging from 12 upward, including most women’s professional basketball associations like the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) 3×3. It has a measure of 28.5″ and a 20 oz standard weight. Unlike the official size 7 ball, this size 6 balls are a little bit smaller. This makes it fitting to women since they have a smaller hand span.
- Youth Basketballs Size 5: The youth basketball size 5 is ideal for players within the age of 8-11 having a circumference of 5”-27.75” and a definitive weight of 14-16 oz. This size 5 basketball is the most renowned basketball size for a youth league.
- Kids Basketballs Size 4: The kid’s basketball size 4 is suitable for children between the ages of 4-8. With a standard weight of 14 oz and a measuring circumference of 25.5″. It can cause no harm or damage to any kid, as it is a child-friendly basketball.
- Mini Basketballs Size 3:The standard weight of these 22” basketballs is drastically about 10 oz. It is befitting for the players who are ideally young at heart beautifully designed for kids of all ages or those who tend to be the youngest amongst other players. This mini basketball also features a range of bright colors, a rubber bladder made of butyl with the most favorable rubber cover.
The playing environment is one you need to consider when choosing the right basketball. Indoor and outdoor basketballs come with different designs. Where indoor balls prioritize the quality of the bounce above all else and are built to perform efficiently without causing damage to fragile playing areas, outdoor balls must withstand harder and more abrasive grounds—irrespective of the weather conditions.
Consider where you plan to play before you make a decision. If you buy the wrong basketball for your environment, it may affect your gameplay and the lifespan of the ball.
There are different kinds of basketball materials ranging from composite to rubber, and you need to study each before choosing one that suits you.
Best Women’s Basketball
Women’s basketball is different from that of men. They are a bit smaller than the typical men’s basketball. It is under the size 6 category we discussed above. As a woman, your aim should be to go after a basketball that is under size 6.
There are numerous major brands like Nike and Spalding, that offer women’s basketball balls that are the same as that of men except in size. Knowing this, let us look at some of our top picks on the market for a female basketball.
Size 6 Spalding TF-1000 Basketball
This is an ideal ball for women. It has the ideal weight and bounces consistently. It is like the little version of the 7 Spalding TF-1000, one of the leading basketball balls you can find today.
This is one of the leading women’s basketball ball. This product is designed for use indoors, and it comes with a composite microfiber cover that offers amazing feel and grip. This ball can help you develop your ball handling and shooting skills. It is also ideal for a high school play, middle school, and recreational purposes.
It also allows for consistent bouncing and is extremely durable. Lastly, it offers a soft feel, which makes it a great option for women.
This is an amazing outdoor basketball that comes with a rubber cover. It also comes at a low price, making it a great option if you are on a budget. You can find it in color pink and orange, which are perfect for women.
Its construction allows it to be extremely durable, and it offers long-term performance. This is certainly worth checking out, especially if you want to play outdoors.
This is another fantastic ball for women. It comes with a micro-touch cover that offers a better grip. It is also ideal for practicing long-range shooting. It spots amazing cushioning, which offers better control and a soft feel. What’s more, Wilson is a brand known to produce quality products so you can be certain you are making the right choice.
Choosing the right basketball ball as a woman does not have to be difficult if you know what to do. Any of the options we have covered above will surely meet your requirements. Remember that there are factors you need to consider before you make an option, so you don’t end up with the wrong one.
Related Videos about Top Women’s Basketball Ball Buying Guide :
How to Choose the Right Basketball
How To Pick The Right Basketball! (Wilson Evolution, Spalding, Baden)
IU Womens Basketball Advice
What to watch before buying a basketball
Top Women’s Basketball Ball Buying Guide
best outdoor basketball 2019, best basketball outdoor, spalding nba zi/o, wilson evolution basketball, spalding nba street basketball, spalding basketball, best outdoor basketball 2020, best basketball indoor,