Opioid Addiction Treatment : Addiction to anything can have adverse effects on your physical and mental health. You must stay away from things that can be addictive. If you make the mistake of getting addicted to something, get rid of it as soon as possible. Opioid addiction can be worse than you can imagine. It has devastating consequences.
The victim of opioid addiction has to go through proper detoxification to recover. The US is one of the biggest victims of the opioid epidemic.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and FDA, the average number of deaths in America due to Opioid abuse is 115 per day. Since this is an alarming situation, companies like Google, Facebook, etc., are coming forward to prevent the sale of opioids.
However, if you are at the beginning stage of this addiction, take immediate steps to get out of it. Onlr trained medical professionals can help you come out of this addiction and lead a better life. They may include the following methods to help:-
Doctors have observed and discovered many effective behavioral treatments for opioid addiction. These methods do not need any medications and they are 100% natural. However, in most cases, it only works on people in the first stage of addiction. The magnitude of the results of these methods depends on the nature of the patient. Two well-known terms that help in the treatment process are contingency management and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Contingency management- In this method, addicts get rewards after every positive change, and this reward is a positive motivation for them. The patients can earn points every time they test negative for drug use. They can exchange these later with things that can encourage healthy living in them.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy– This interesting method aims to change the patient’s mentality. It affects the way that a person thinks or feels and modifies a person’s beliefs to free him from the drug. The method also aims to instill many skills in the patient to cope up with stress and anxiety.
These treatments include the use of medications. Experts have discovered many pharmacological treatments for an addicted person. A person who suddenly stops the intake of drugs may suffer from side effects such as nausea, pain, etc. Some medications reduce these withdrawal symptoms and help to treat the addiction.
Following are some of the medications useful in treating opioid addiction:-
- Agonists- Though it is a slow-acting drug, doctors use it to activate opioid receptors in the patient’s body. Methadone is an oral medication that reaches the patient’s brain and does its work preventing the withdrawal symptoms. Doctors recommend this drug to patients who may not react positively to other drugs. They give this medicine daily, and you will see the results after some time.
- Partial agonists- As compared to agonists, this produces a smaller response. Patients need to take Buprenorphine orally or as an implant and doctors can even inject suboxone based on requirements. Physicians can legally prescribe this medicine. Hence, you won’t need to go to a specialized treatment clinic. Another advantage of this drug is that you don’t have to take it daily; a monthly injection can do its work effectively.
- Antagonists- This method has limited effectiveness. The drug naltrexone helps to oppose the effects of the opioid and the patient does not get physically dependent on this medicine. This injectable drug has legal approval for treating opioid addiction after its long-term use.
- Rehab centers
Checking into a rehab center can be your best decision for detoxifications. Experts will treat you under their supervision and with comfortable methods to achieve success in this test. Every person has a different response to drugs and medications. Hence, they need different treatments according to the kind of body they have. The rehab center’s experts study your body, response, and other necessary things to give you the right treatment. The doctor will observe, motivate, and push you to the right path. If you live somewhere in the western United States, browse about some inpatient rehab in Colorado and select a suitable one.
You don’t have to worry about your accommodation while thinking of taking treatments in rehab centers. There are luxury rehab centers with private bedrooms, bathrooms, individual therapy, etc. These centers have various therapies to choose from according to your body’s response. Rehab centers are an ideal decision for the treatment of opioid addiction.
Experts have examined and clinically approved all the treatment methods. Your doctor may mix some behavioral treatment with medications to get the best result for you. It is never easy to get rid of an addiction. But the only thing that you need to understand is that it is for your good. Do not let dependences ruin your life and family. Reach out for help as soon as possible.
Related Videos about Opioid Addiction Treatment :
Opioid Addiction and Treatment
Opioid Addiction Is Treatable. Why Aren’t We Doing It?
Beating Opioid Addiction
Opioid Addiction Treatment