How to Run Safely with a Jogging Stroller : Yes, you get extra fun in running with a jogging stroller. Yet, it is still important to stay safe all throughout the activity. Truly, you get quality time with your child and you can have a better resistance while running with a jogging stroller. But, through this kind of activity with your child, you are given more reasons to be more cautious to avoid any unnecessary circumstances.
So, for you to be able to run safely with a jogging stroller, here are some tips on how you can do it.
Don’t go to busy areas
One of the best ways keep you safe is through avoiding busy areas and streets as well as crowded places, which will give you enough space to run and choosing the bike route will be the best idea if you are looking for a less busy area.
Keep your baby happy
If you see that your baby is happy, you will have more opportunity to run better in a way that it will give you a positive mood. Bringing their diaper, snacks or a toy to play with will keep them in a good mood.
Use a full harness for your baby
- With this, you are sure that your child is completely protected. Plus, you will feel secure that they are free from falling.
- Another important thing in strapping your child with full harness is that it will keep him/her away from reaching the wheels or getting his/her fingers on it.
Have your full control on your stroller
- As much as possible, avoid running too fast with a jogging baby stroller. You should always have the control on the stroller to avoid any accident.
- Never let your stroller pull you while you are running downhill. Taking charge on your jogging strollers will help you avoid the possibility of flipping over.
Your baby must be old enough
It would be safer to run with a jogging stroller if your child is already more than six-month old. In case your child is less than six months, it is recommended to run with a stroller having a car seat adapter to ensure that his/her head and neck are stable and will not bounce during your activity.
Never push your stroller
Yes, you don’t need to push your stroller. Just use your body’s momentum on the flat surface in order of your to move the jogging stroller forward because jogging strollers were created to glide with you in a way that you will not exert effort in driving your stroller forward.
Schedule your activity wisely
- The perfect time for you to have your running activity with your child is before his/her naptime because your movement may make him/her fall sleep. Also, never try to run with your child before his/her meal for the reason that your child may be hungry and he/she would not want to be in a stroller.
- Another thing, make sure that you go for your running activity with a sure fair weather to keep them away from any health threats.
Lock the front wheel of the stroller
To keep your stroller from swinging in an unexpected direction when running, you must lock the front wheel of the stroller to avoid hitting pebbles or ditching on the road.
Running with your child with a jogging stroller will give you extra bonding and at the same time, you will have the chance to watch over him/her even as you run. So, the next time you run, take advantage of the above tips to keep the both of you safe. So, when will your next run be?
Stroller Run Tips
Proper Running Form with a Baby Jogger
Mommy & Me Exercises | Jogging Stroller Run & Stretches
Baby Safety Tips – Jogging Stroller Safety
Tips for running with a jogging stroller
How to Run Safely with a Jogging Stroller
running with baby stroller age, running with baby in carseat, running with baby in pram, running with a stroller calories burned, benefits of running with a jogging stroller, jogging with baby in carrier, running with stroller vs without, proper running form with a jogging stroller,