All You Need To Know About Face Serums : Amidst all the hustle and bustle of life, a woman’s skin demands some pampering. On top of being a homemaker, if a woman happens to be working, then the demand doubles up. And, rightly so. Fatigue, tiredness, and stress can leave a significant impact on the well-being, and the skin is what reflects it the most.
We cannot deny how, with time, the skincare industry has truly been revolutionized.
From mere cleansing, moisturizing to applying SPF, there have now come additional steps to the skincare routine. These steps, which include facial oils, facial rollers, sheet masks, and facial serums, have managed to carve their footing into skincare regimes successfully.
They have become immensely popular not only to a particular class but amongst the masses. Out of the new additions, what has managed to cast a major impact and made a difference to the skin game is face serums. Women have truly become high maintenance and that too for all the right reasons.
In order to have a better understanding, you need to explore and delve deeper into the face serums, which have taken the beauty industry by storm.
Let’s first look into what exactly are face serums?
Well, to begin with, natural serums are a concoction that can be used as a lightweight moisturizer. It provides additional protection. What it does is that it penetrates deeper into your skin to deliver active ingredients. A face serum is better than a regular moisturizer in a way that it does not contain any heavy ingredients, provides a higher moisture level in addition to firmer and smoother skin texture. Additionally, it also makes your pores appear way smaller than usual, which is another plus point. However, these face serums can only moisturize to an extent. Therefore, it is always recommended to use it in combination with regular, heavy moisturizers in order to achieve that perfect balance.
Now that you know what a face serum is, it is time to move on to its benefits for a clearer picture.
- A facial serum is packed with topical antioxidants that can do wonders for your skin. To be specific, it is loaded with Vitamin A, C, and E.
- It contains ingredients that help even out the skin tone. In addition to this, it is rich in topical retinol, which targets wrinkles and fine lines. To put it exactly, it stimulates the production of collagen, which helps in the reduction of wrinkles.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that fight pigmentation and redness.
- It promotes cellular regeneration and repair, which in turn reduces the signs of fatigue.
- Last but not least, it gives pure joy to apply this. That is because it is lightweight and does not feel heavy on the skin. On top of that, it does not leave any residue behind.
So, brace yourself for that radiant, glowy skin, if you have decided to add it to your skincare routine. But it is not easy. It can be a real struggle to choose and pick the right face serum. Therefore, to help you in this process, here is a guide for you to follow while you are out on the hunt for the best face serum for your skin.
How to choose the right serum?
As soon as you put your foot into the market, you will be taken aback with the plethora of facial serums available. Your mind will get boggled with the prospect of picking one and that too, the right one.
To be able to get your hands on the perfect facial serum, it is suggested that you take two factors into serious consideration.
Firstly, you need to get it straight and clear as to what skin problem you are trying to look the serum for. Is it about the fine lines around your mouth? Do you want to address the tan you have got? Has your skin been two-tone lately? Or are you just looking for some extra hydration with the dry patches appearing on your skin? Once you know your problem well enough, nothing can keep you from reaching the right facial serum. This can also save you time in addition to your hard-earned money. No one wants their money to go down the drain by making a wrong purchase.
The second factor is regarding your skin type, which has a lot to do with the ingredients, and you would want your serum to have those accordingly. Let’s suppose you have oily skin in addition to it being acne-prone. We would suggest that you look for a serum that has salicylic acid coupled with retinol, as well as rosehip seed oil.
Similarly, for someone with dry and too mature skin, facial serum with hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C would prove to be fruitful.
As for normal skin, serum packed with glycolic acid would be the most suitable option. It nicely traps the moisture and keeps the skin all refreshed and super rejuvenated.
Is it expensive?
Yes, they are quite heavy on the pocket if you compare it with other products. This is because the ingredients incorporated in serum are concentrated rather than them being diluted with all the fluff.
The brighter side is that you will need fewer products if your serum works in your favor. There is absolutely no denying that expensive serums tend to have quality ingredients. However, there are far more cost-effective options that can address your skin problem if you have done your research well.
Moreover, once you have purchased your serum, make sure you use it on a regular basis. Since it has active ingredients, using it sporadically is a waste of both time and money, because active ingredients expire at a faster rate.
Spending money on a face serum is a pretty worthy investment. In the long run, you will be the only one enjoying the benefits in the form of fresh, younger, and youthful skin.
For you to be able to make the most of the serums, here are a few tips which can be beneficial for you.
Things to remember:
- Use it in the correct order: Make sure you apply your serum before you move on to applying the moisturizer for the ingredients to penetrate at a deeper level. To put things in perspective, when it comes to a beauty routine, one should always apply the products keeping in mind the order of texture. To be precise, go from the thinnest to the thickest. In simple words, serum and then the moisturizer is what you should be doing.
- Give it a few minutes: After having applied the serum, give it time to work so that it sits well and settles into your skin. Following this, feel free to slather up your moisturizer. Once your serum has been fully absorbed into your skin, it will penetrate and work even better when used alongside the moisturizer. This is why it is important to give it a few minutes. Otherwise, it will just be sitting on top of your skin as an added layer. Moreover, you might even end up with a greasy and heavy look due to all the layering.
- Keep them refrigerated: By now, you must be clear of one thing that facial serums have active ingredients. Due to these, they are packed in dark or tinted bottles. Their shelf life is somewhat shorter and must not be kept in hot, humid places. It is strongly advised to keep them chilled by storing them in a refrigerator. This will keep the active ingredients potent in addition to the fact that every time you apply a chilled serum onto your face, you are going to feel super fresh.
- A little goes a long way: It is a misconception that the more you apply, the merrier it is. Do not forget that it a concentrated beauty product, and in this case, less is more. Therefore, rather than piling it on as one often does with a moisturizer, start with just a few drops warmed between your fingertips. Once done, if you feel you need a bit of an extra layer here and there, you can always add more. Just make sure you do not overdo it or else, be ready for a greasy face.
They may not be for everyone! Want to know why? Read below:
Well, regardless of the fact that you are trying to include serums into your beauty regime, you are bound to experience trial and error, be it any new product. Hence, do a patch test and give it a few weeks before normalizing the use.
Additionally, they may not be ideal for someone with skin problems such as rosacea or eczema, which weakens the skin barrier. Speaking of this, if you are someone with some serious skin problems, it is best if you consult a dermatologist before going out in the market to purchase a facial serum. It is advised not to take matters related to your skin so lightly.
Related Videos about All You Need To Know About Face Serums :
What Is Serum? | How To Apply Face SERUM | SERUM Tutorial | Skincare Routine
WHAT IS A FACIAL SERUM? HOW TO USE A SERUM?
All You Need To Know About Face Serums
face serum benefits, what is serum for face, disadvantages of face serum, how to use face serum with moisturizer, face serum side effects, serum for face homemade, right age to use face serum, types of serum,